2011 has been quite a productive year for hunting down filming locations in the likes of The USA, Jordan, Germany, England, Belgium, Turkey, Czech Republic and Japan. Click on the links below to see more.
1. Back To The Future (Click here)
2. The Bourne Supremacy (Click here)
3. Lolo Rennt (Run Lola Run) (Click here)
4. Star Wars (Click here and here)
5. Memoirs Of A Geisha (Click here)
6. In Bruges (Click here)
7. Terminator (Click here)
8. The Last Samurai (Click here)
9. James Bond (Click here, here, here, here and here)
10. The Karate Kid (Click here)
11. Indiana Jones (Click here)
12. Trainspotting (Click here)
13. The Grudge (Click here)
14. The Bourne Ultimatum (Click here)
15. Mission: Impossible (Click here & here)
16. Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (Click here)
17. Harry Potter & The Philosophers Stone (Click here)
18. Wasabi (Click here)
19. Into The Sun (Click here)
20. Austin Powers International Man Of Mystery (Click here)
Other 2011 locations for the films listed below can be found here
The Bourne Identity; Amadeus; XxX; About A Boy; Bridget Jones; Snatch; Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels; Quadrophenia; Eyes Wide Shut; Basic Instinct 2; Mike Bassett: England Manager; The Italian Job; 3 Ninja’s Kick Back; Kagemusha; Sinbad & The Eye of the Tiger; Lawrence of Arabia; Red Planet; Transformers; Midnight Express; Topkapi; Murder on the Orient Express; Oceans 11; Walk Don’t Run; Monster; Into The Sun; Lost In Translation; Babel; Kill Bill and last but not least Godzilla.
Do you happen to know where Tampopo was filmed? I’ve sprinted through much of Tokyo and Yokohama looking for filming locations, but (possibly) to no avail. Naturally, there’s a place near Nihonbashi that sells “Tampopo omuraisu,” but it sure as heck wasn’t a part of the film.
Hi there. Thanks for your comment/enquiry but sadly I have no idea. I’ve. It even heard of it! I hang my head in shame and apologise but will look at this film when I get back to Tokyo as I’m currently away on a short holiday. Take it easy
Oh, no problem. Thanks for the reply, mate! A little backstory: 1985 directed by Juuzou Itami. Three parts more or less, one involving a dowdy woman trying to create the perfect noodle soup, another involving a gangster and his gal, and food-related vignettes thrown in between. If you like eating (I know, it’s “odd” to say), you’ll possibly like this film.
Pingback: TF Top 10……Filming Location Trips For 2014 | Tokyo Fox (東京狐)
Pingback: Top 10……Filming Location Trips For 2014 | Beyond The Movies
Pingback: TF Top 20……Filming Location Trips For 2015 | Tokyo Fox (東京狐)
Pingback: TF Top 10……Filming Location Trips For 2016 | Tokyo Fox (東京狐)